cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use multiple AP1130 meshed together to form a network for a fairly large outdoor area (5acres). Or is this only for point to point (extension) of an AP with POE?

Can I use multiple AP1130 meshed together to form a network for a fairly large outdoor area (5acres). Or is this only for point to point (extension) of an AP with POE?

frits2
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

frits2
New Contributor

Hi Ashley, thanks for the reply, duly noted. yes, the AP's will have LOS of each other. The use-case is best effort internet services.

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hello,

Whilst you can mesh multiple APs, consider the fact that each hop introduces latency which increases linearly per AP and that throughput will decrease at a square of the number of hops. Depending on the use case this may be acceptable to a degree, however I'd imagine you'd need quite a number of APs to achieve this and therefore you may wish to group APs that have a route to a wired backhaul in certain areas to reduce the effects of the above.

Will the APs have line of sight of each other?

GTM-P2G8KFN