cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP122s and very slow performance on lan

AP122s and very slow performance on lan

filippo_digiova
New Contributor

Hello everyone. I'm trying to solve a problem with my 5 AP122 APs deployed in my office. Basically we obtain really slow performance through our wifi network. As you can see from the attachments, we obtain just 4 MB/s performance with a lot of lag. Our ethernet network seems fine (65 MB/s). 

I think this is related to an high collision situation. In fact, this is what i obtain from the cloud panel:

wifi0: High collision;    wifi1: Good;

What i tried so far to resolve my issue:

- Turn off two AP's 

- Turn down the tranmission power (low to 10 db)

- Change channels

- Set N/A some transmission speeds in my SSIDs profiles.

Nothing worked so far. 

I cannot access the band steering options cause i am not in the paid subscription.

What could i check or do to solve my problem? 

THANKS!

5 REPLIES 5

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

How long were you waiting between the changes you made and the check for high collision? That output gets updated when a background scan occurs, and they don't always occur quickly. I usually recommend giving it an hour between the change being pushed to the devices and when we check for improvement. 

filippo_digiova
New Contributor

Hello, i tried to set all my ap's to 1 db power and they are still showing "high collision". What could be then?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks very much for that data. I've taken a look and I see significant interference on the wifi0 radio, but no significant interference on the wifi1 radio. I've sent you an email with a more detailed explanation of what I looked for, what I found, and the steps I'm suggesting we take next. In general, we're going to explore disabling lower data rates, disabling short guard interval, making sure we aren't combining channels overly much, and enabling band steering to get your clients on to the more stable wifi1 radio.

filippo_digiova
New Contributor

Thanks sam. I just sent you the file you need by mail.

GTM-P2G8KFN