cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP150w ethernet configuration...

AP150w ethernet configuration...

sglassman
New Contributor

Does anyone have any advice/experience with the AP150w Ethernet configuration? Specifically with radius-we are using an external radius server for all of our wifi but with this AP/Switch it appears we can only configure a single management IP and they share it between the wired/wireless side? On the radius side of things we may need to configure things differently for wired and wireless and I could not find a way to separate them or maybe there isn't a way which would be a big disappointment.

17 REPLIES 17

fredfish
New Contributor

So if I still have an OnPrem device I can't do this?

27715eec65dd4e79afd3e76ceb184599_0690c000008uWn8AAE.jpg

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

If you're using HiveManager (not HiveManager Classic), you'll want to go to Configure> Open the Network Policy> Device Template tab within the Network Policy> Create a new template for the AP150W> Select the port(s) you want to configure> Assign> Create New> Set the port as either an Access port (to allow only the Native VLAN) or a Trunk Port (to allow multiple VLANS)> Scroll down to the User Access Settings section and choose the user profile you want to apply to that port.

fredfish
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm using an AP150W, and user profile to a port would work great. I guess since I have never done that I'm not sure where I configure the port in the User profile.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What switch model are you using? You should be able to assign a user profile to a port type, and then apply that port type to all the ports you want guests connecting to in a switch template. If you can tell me which model you're using and which HiveManager platform you're using, I can give you more specific instructions.

fredfish
New Contributor

Sam, I know this topic has been over a year old. I'm trying to allow a guest to plug into the switch ports and be managed as a guest like I do on the wireless user profiles. Is that possible and how to i configure the individual ports as there are not any options on the AP config for that.

GTM-P2G8KFN