cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 and AP370: Older firmware downloads

AP230 and AP370: Older firmware downloads

quickmouseclick
New Contributor

I am looking for older firmware versions for AP230 and AP370's. I am having major performance issues with a few of these AP's and wanted to try an older firmware.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

quickmouseclick
New Contributor

Hi Sam. That's what I figured but thought I'd ask the question. More than happy to send over any tech data you need however I have only used a copy of a large file from a server to the end device as a test so far. The signal strength doesn't drop at all - just the speed of the transfer. This is how I'm testing at the moment - no other AP's around.

c38094de4539419a962720425d965586_0694Q000009HsMKQA0.jpg

If I replace the AP230 with a meraki unit the speeds are much higher and also solid. If I use the network cable in a machine with gigabit Ethernet the connection is maxed out - both times copying the same file. I have only tried 6.5r3 on the 230 so far - just loading 8.2r4 now and will test again.

Thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Mark, the APs shouldn't have a shelf life, and especially not after 5 years. The first thing we usually check for when we see intermittent signal drops is interference. Would you be able to send me tech data from the 230 you updated, taken while the issue was occurring? If you'd like to send this to me directly, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

The release date for 6.5r3 was November 21st, 2015. The release date for 8.2r4 was September 3rd, 2018. You can find this in the release notes for the version your interested in. This page has all of our release notes: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/docs/release-notes.htm?Highlight=Release%20notes

quickmouseclick
New Contributor

Hi Sam. Thanks a lot for the firmware - I've only tested on an AP230 and the firmware has improved the performance of an AP but not much... I'm getting around 10MBps on a connection when a meraki AP (MR33 so an equivalent if not lower product) in the same place is getting 30MBps. The AP230 is also dropping throughput to effectively 0 for a couple of seconds at a time when the meraki is solid. Do these AP's have a shelf life? They are 5 years old.

Also do you have the release dates for the firmware you sent please? I had some users complaining back in September but this issue has only just been passed to me now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I've emailed you some older firmware files for both the AP230 and the AP370. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

GTM-P2G8KFN