cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 isn't connecting to HiveManager. Unable to figure out what i've missed.

AP230 isn't connecting to HiveManager. Unable to figure out what i've missed.

ictmanager
New Contributor

AP230 isn't connecting to HiveManager. I've added the device into my HiveManager, using its serial number, as an unmanaged device. I then unplug one of my currently working AP130 devices and plug the AP230 in. I go to the webUI for the AP230, configure the HiveManager Configuration settings. I sign into the CLI, confirming that the CAPWAP settings are correct. I am unable to get the device to connect to my HiveManager. I'm unable to ping any external ip address from the AP230, but internal addresses work. I've checked the firewall and all addresses on the allowed subnet are configured correctly, so a single IP address shouldn't be blocked by it. If i plug the working AP130 back in, it works correctly. The Firmware on this AP230 is currently on 6.5r8b. I'm unable to find a link to download the latest firmware for this AP.

1 REPLY 1

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

Can you ping the 230 from beyond it's local subnet? Have you compared L2 and L3 info between the 230 and 130, i.e. are they appearing on the same VLANs and subnets? What L2 and L3 info are you seeing from the upstream switch and router in MAC and ARP tables? What does a tracert from the 230 reveal?

GTM-P2G8KFN