cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP245x Antenna Position recommendation

AP245x Antenna Position recommendation

matt_nissen
New Contributor

I am installing AP245x access points in our warehouse between giant racks. What position should the Antennas be physically configured to try and aim the signal down the isle? These will be installed on the wall.

I wasnt sure if i'm supposed to simply point all antenna straight out towards the isle? or flat against the wall?

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Those are the best recommendations for spreading your signal evenly, but every deployment will be slightly different. If you'd like on the ground recommendations, I would suggest exploring the option of a site survey with your Aerohive sales engineer.

matt_nissen
New Contributor

The antenna positions for the above pictures will help focus the wifi down an isle in our warehouse?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

In general, you'll want the antennas at a 45 degree angle from the body of the AP, and the outside antennas angled slightly away from the interior antennas as well. Here are a couple pictures showing this: a27a158c78624d4a945417087a38b758_0690c000008sDMYAA2.pngAntenna1

matt_nissen
New Contributor

and i just found out that the antenna's (the whole reason i purchased these AP's) are sold separately...

Which antenna kit do i need?

GTM-P2G8KFN