Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSt operations are failing after creating 20 users

POSt operations are failing after creating 20 users

systems2
New Contributor

Hello.

We are trying to provision users using the REST API. We have been succesful in creating 20 users, but beyond that the API return 400 bad requeste errors. I have seen we haven't reached the 1000 daily / 5000 weekly calls. Other calls like GET, PUT, DELETE still work. Only POST calls are failing.

5 REPLIES 5

systems2
New Contributor

Hi.

I look at the statistics page, and I did less than 400 hits today (we just started these week doing this). I was using Powershell for my scripts. Just to make sure, I tried to recreate my calls with curl, and I got this nice clear message (I have stripped secret values):

curl -X POST --header "Content-Type: application/json" --header "Accept: application/json" --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-ID: ####" --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-SECRET: ####" --header "X-AH-API-CLIENT-REDIRECT-URI: ####" --header "Authorization: Bearer ####" -d '{"policy":"PERSONAL", "groupId":"####", "deliverMethod":"NO_DELIVERY", "firstName":"####@u-tad.com"}' "https://cloud-ie.aerohive.com/xapi/v1/identity/credentials?ownerId=####"

{"data":null,"error":{"status":400,"code":"registration.service.credential.exceed.max","message":"The credentials exceed the maximum number (20) allowed.","rawMessage":"JtErTcqiQV: null","errorParams":{"number":20}}}

What is this maximum number of credentials number???

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What other POST operations are going on? Could you estimate how many are going through per day?

Also, what are you using to test this (Postman or something else)? Would you be able to send us screen shots of your API configuration?

systems2
New Contributor

I have looked at the other POST operations, but I cant use any of those. I tried using the the identity/credentials/deliver endpoint also, but it fails the same way.

GTM-P2G8KFN