Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 - PSK + CWP Connect time and authentication errors

AP250 - PSK + CWP Connect time and authentication errors

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey all,

Since we've deployed our 250's we've seen alot of issues with BYOD devices i.e mobiles, ipads and laptops connecting to our guest wireless. We run a simple PSK with CWP which works when it decides to play ball and other times doesnt. If i connect to the network and then turn my wifi off on my phone, i then can't connect. Currently my phone says "disabled" but others get authentication errors etc. Our corporate network running 802.1x runs without any issues.

WMM is enabled by default on the SSID as well.

Has anyone had similar issues with this?

I've got some client monitors that i can share if someone is able to assist.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oliver,

I created a case for us about this subject so I could be of more direct assistance.

I will email you from the case now, and we can continue this conversation there.

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator/ATAC-T1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oliver,

I created a case for us about this subject so I could be of more direct assistance.

I will email you from the case now, and we can continue this conversation there.

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator/ATAC-T1

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey David,

I'm seeing loads of high interference alerts all of a sudden on the aps running 8.3. Whats weird is it's complaining about high interference on interfaces which are in an admin down state???

Is this because our HM on prem is an older version (8.2) or is this another bug i've found?

Cheers

Oli

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey David,

Yep it's just a simple user acceptance page ( the AH default with different text). I'll give this version a go and let you know how i get on.

Cheers

Oli

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oliver,

The release notes don't indicate any previously addressed issues related to CWP, but instead announce a new feature:

Captive Web Portal Bypass and Redirection: To allow devices that cannot interact with captive web portals, this release of HiveOS features the ability to bypass captive web.

But of course, this raises the question of what role the CWP is playing. It is just Use-Policy-Acceptance?

The release notes for HiveOS 8.3r4 can be found here: https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/documentation/8.3r4_HiveOS_ReleaseNotes.pdf

The AP250 image for HiveOS8.3r4 can be found here: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/detail/a2v0c000001xd7MAAQ

I hope this was helpful, and I'm happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN