Application usage not being reported in HiveManagerNG

mali
New Contributor III

312e783621ff4d59a9892a0d1ad7eb99_0690c000006VDjxAAG.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Mohammad,

When you changed NTP, did you do this from the CLI of the AP?

Could you check what the NTP settings are in the Configure Tab -> Network Policy -> Additional Settings -> NTP Server

If OFF, it means the AP will use the manually set time you configure.

If ON, then the settings here will indicate which NTP server the AP and Network Policy Devices will use.

Please confirm that the settings here are accurate, and I would recommend enabling NTP in the Network policy if it's currently not enabled.

To make sure all APs know about this change, you could push a Delta(partial) update without requiring a reboot.

Hope this was helpful, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Mohammad,

When you changed NTP, did you do this from the CLI of the AP?

Could you check what the NTP settings are in the Configure Tab -> Network Policy -> Additional Settings -> NTP Server

If OFF, it means the AP will use the manually set time you configure.

If ON, then the settings here will indicate which NTP server the AP and Network Policy Devices will use.

Please confirm that the settings here are accurate, and I would recommend enabling NTP in the Network policy if it's currently not enabled.

To make sure all APs know about this change, you could push a Delta(partial) update without requiring a reboot.

Hope this was helpful, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

mali
New Contributor III

So looks like for some reason AP's were not able to sync time. Although NTP servers were reachable but AP's would not sync time. I tried to disable and enable even added another NTP server still no use. Ended up manually setting the time and now usage is working, but I am still working on figuring out why the AP isn't syncing time.

mali
New Contributor III

Thanks so much for the details answer, so the firewall per customer is allowing all the traffic and not blocking anything and I checked under Device Data Collection both AVC and Statistics collection are enabled. Currently running 8.1r2a, but I'm running the same exact image for another customer and it is working for them.

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

To verify transport/firewall are not the issue, as Jeremy suggested, use the About Hivemanager Menu to access the Firewall Guide.

dea7c1d346424111a6bdcc6c63b5f417_0690c000006VCNHAA4.png

--

Firewall_Guidelines

--

This guide will advise what transports will be used when Aerohive Devices need to communicate with Hivemanager.

If we can verify that transport is not the issue, we'll want to be sure all HiveOS Versions on APs are the latest Golden/recommended or Featured release.

Additionally, in the Network Policy -> Additional Settings -> Device Data Collection -> please confirm that Application Visibility and Control as well as Statistics Collection are enabled. If they are not, enable them and push a Delta update to all Network policy devices.

I hope this was helpful, and if you need any further assistance I'm happy to help,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN