Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP250 - PSK + CWP Connect time and authentication errors

AP250 - PSK + CWP Connect time and authentication errors

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey all,

Since we've deployed our 250's we've seen alot of issues with BYOD devices i.e mobiles, ipads and laptops connecting to our guest wireless. We run a simple PSK with CWP which works when it decides to play ball and other times doesnt. If i connect to the network and then turn my wifi off on my phone, i then can't connect. Currently my phone says "disabled" but others get authentication errors etc. Our corporate network running 802.1x runs without any issues.

WMM is enabled by default on the SSID as well.

Has anyone had similar issues with this?

I've got some client monitors that i can share if someone is able to assist.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oliver,

I created a case for us about this subject so I could be of more direct assistance.

I will email you from the case now, and we can continue this conversation there.

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator/ATAC-T1

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey David,

Sorry, we appear to be seeing the symptoms on both versions. Our older AP's such as the 120, 121 and 130' do not see the same issues.

None of the aps show a configuration mismatch which is what i initially thought was the issue. Does 8.3r4 bring in any particular fixes related to this? 8.2r2 was the only release i saw in HM for download? Can you point me in the direction for this?

Cheers

Oli

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oli,

I'm not sure if you indicated that APs on both HiveOS versions (8.2r2 & 8.2r1) were having the same issue or if the issue was unique to the APs on 8.2r1.

Either way, I would like to recommend to latest Feature Release HiveOS 8.3r4 for the AP250s.

Ultimately, can you confirm that there are no Configuration Mismatches showing on the Monitor Tab of Hivemanager? It looks like a Notepad with a red exclamation. If it's there, you can click it and see what part of the Configuration has not been sent to the AP yet.

Happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

oliver_eve
New Contributor

Hey David,

We're running on premise and i've just upgraded HM to 8.2r2 along with a set of AP's to test. All of the other AP's which have the same issue are on 8.2r1.

Cheers

Oli

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi Oliver,

Since you are seeing the behavior intermittently, in that some times is plays ball and other times doesn't, I would first like to confirm the Hivemanager Software Version as well the AP250's HiveOS Versions that are currently running.

To be able to provide the best HiveOS version to use on the AP250, could you confirm if you are using Hivemanager NG or Hivemanager Classic?

If this is an On-premise Hivemanager or in the cloud?

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN