cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650 redundant links or aggregate

AP650 redundant links or aggregate

jason_simmons
New Contributor

Both Ethernet interfaces on our AP650's are connected to multi-gig switchports. Knowing that only ETH0 is capable of 2.5G, should I configure the interfaces as an aggregate or redundant?

How should I configure the switchports for each mode?

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for your patience, I reviewed the data with our experts and they asked that we open a technical support case to move forward with this issue.

jason_simmons
New Contributor

Sorry for the delayed response. I think this is a switch, configured as a virtual chassis issue and not the AP, but I attached the tech data you wanted. Here's what I've discovered.

I ran all these test on the multi-gig ports on the switch except for the last one. I also connected both ports on an AP630 to the multi-gig ports and it worked as expected.

No VC + default config + Eth0 = pass

No VC + default config + Eth0 & Eth1 = pass

No VC + basic config + Eth0 = pass

No VC + basic config + Eth0 & Eth1 = pass

VC + default config + Eth0 = pass

VC + default config + Eth0 & Eth1 = fail

VC + default config + Eth0 & Eth1 on gig switchports = fail

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that information. Are these APs the only devices connected to that switch? Also could you send me tech data from one of the APs? There are a few things I'd like to check in that data. This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI

jason_simmons
New Contributor
Running JunOS version 18.4R1-S2.4.
GTM-P2G8KFN