cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP650 redundant links or aggregate

AP650 redundant links or aggregate

jason_simmons
New Contributor

Both Ethernet interfaces on our AP650's are connected to multi-gig switchports. Knowing that only ETH0 is capable of 2.5G, should I configure the interfaces as an aggregate or redundant?

How should I configure the switchports for each mode?

9 REPLIES 9

jason_simmons
New Contributor
It’s a VC stack of Juniper EX4300-MPs. PoE budget is 1100W.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you confirm the power budget on the switch you are using? Also what switch model are we using?

jason_simmons
New Contributor

I just rebooted after disabling one link to each AP and now none of them are online.

jason_simmons
New Contributor

The problem I'm facing is that some of the APs aren't coming up until I unplug one of the links to the AP. 

​Currently, the switch ports are configured as a trunk and all VLANs are being tagged. The ports on the AP were configured as uplinks before I reconfigured them as redundant links.

I rebooted the switch after configuring the AP ports as redundant links and the issue remains only 4 of the 12 APs connected to this switch came up after the reboot.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There are very few use cases were aggregating the ports on an AP will come in handy, generally this won't be needed. I'd recommend going with redundant instead. The switch ports will need to be set as trunk ports if you're using more than one VLAN, or access ports if we're only using one VLAN.

GTM-P2G8KFN