cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

at one of my site, users have challenge to connect Internet SSID on iPhone. Repeatedly getting popup of wrong password. sometimes able to connect after rebooting AP. We are using NPS server for authentication.

at one of my site, users have challenge to connect Internet SSID on iPhone. Repeatedly getting popup of wrong password. sometimes able to connect after rebooting AP. We are using NPS server for authentication.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
6 REPLIES 6

adam_niblett
New Contributor

Hi Sam/Ramesh,

I am facing a similar problem...Did you manage to get any resolution tot he problem? If so what was it. Many thanks,

Adam

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. I took a look at that data but all I found was one mention of a session timeout. Can you tell me if the NPS server is 1) receiving the authentication request and 2) if it is authorizing the user or denying it at the NPS level?

Given that you are using an external Radius set up, the APs don't perform authentication, they pass the request to the NPS server and take the response of the NPS server (accept or deny) and then we go from there. If the password is failing, it's the NPS server rejecting the password rather than the Aerohive set up. If the authentication request isn't reaching the NPS server however, then we need to investigate where the traffic is dropping. If the logs you've posted are related only to the user in question, that would seem to indicate we are getting the traffic where it needs to go, and the NPS server is denying access.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi Sam,

Ia m using classic not the NG (cloud based).

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by HiveManager VHM. Are you using Classic or HiveManager (formerly NG)?

GTM-P2G8KFN