cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically deploy latest config to an AP when it powers on?

Automatically deploy latest config to an AP when it powers on?

matthew_brayton
New Contributor

We have AP-150Ws that are used by Homeworkers (connecting in to a VGVA over the internet).

As the APs are generally only turned on when the users need to connect from home, it is a bit of a nightmare to ensure they have the latest config and software versions.

Is there a way to force an AP to download and apply the latest configuration? and software images when is first powered on?

Currently we have to get lucky and catch APs when they are online to deploy to them...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying, we do not have that ability. You could possibly have done this on classic, as pushing an update to an AP that was disconnected staged the update until the device connected again, but that isn't the way HiveManager works, and you are correct that auto provisioning only applies to factory reset devices. I could submit a feature request for this to be added to a future update if possible if you'd like?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Jason, since you have purchased support you'll want to file the same feature request with your Sales Engineer. If you're unsure who to contact for your Sales Engineer I can assist you with that. The more requests we get for the same feature, the more priority the feature has in development.

jason_simmons
New Contributor

Where can I vote to have this feature added?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know, I've submitted that feature request on your behalf just now. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help with anything else.

matthew_brayton
New Contributor

​Yes, that would be good, please do!

Thanks for your assistance.

GTM-P2G8KFN