cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Based on radiation pattern of AP250 datasheet, the led in which position is located? In the attachment I've highlighted the led in yellow, is this position correct? Thank you

Based on radiation pattern of AP250 datasheet, the led in which position is located? In the attachment I've highlighted the led in yellow, is this position correct? Thank you

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Those are examples of radiation patterns, not actual images taken with a physical AP. That being said, any example would have the radio in a face up default position. If we assume that the serial number and other text on the AP is located on the back of the device, and holding the AP so the text is facing the correct way to be read would be the right way up, then we can say that the part of the AP with no text is the face and we would know the correct way to turn the AP based on text orientation. This would leave the LED of an AP 250 in the top right hand corner.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Those are examples of radiation patterns, not actual images taken with a physical AP. That being said, any example would have the radio in a face up default position. If we assume that the serial number and other text on the AP is located on the back of the device, and holding the AP so the text is facing the correct way to be read would be the right way up, then we can say that the part of the AP with no text is the face and we would know the correct way to turn the AP based on text orientation. This would leave the LED of an AP 250 in the top right hand corner.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Ciao David,

thank you for uor answer. I know that the scale of my square was wrong, but I draw in this way to emphatize the position of the led.

So when you say: "In the images, the intersection of the X and Y axis is the depiction of where the AP is located", referring to my picture, the flashing led of the AP, where is located?

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Marco,

I think if we consider the scale of that image, it would help answer the underlying question or problem you want to solve.

In the images, the intersection of the X and Y axis is the depiction of where the AP is located. If the image was To Scale with the physical size of the AP, you would have to Zoom In pretty far to see it.

I mention this because you drew a Square around the outermost part of the Radiation Pattern, and so I wanted to express that to be accurate, that square would have to be significantly smaller.

I hope this helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN