cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

Can i use Aerohive AP1130 802.11ac as a standalone access point? the root access doesn't seem to have any options to set it up as an access point.

asad_jamil
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Again - with a proper factory-reset, and added successfully into NG, it should come up successfully

• To do a factory default reset, you have 2 options:
    • Hold down the reset button for about 10 seconds. The LED should start to blink slowly.
    • PREFERRED: Connect to your AP via ssh, enter "reset config"
  • Ensure you are not blocking outgoing traffic from you AP. Especially the following ports must be open:
    • UDP 12222
    • TCP 443
  • In addition, DNS must work in your environment, and ideally NTP as well. If unsure, ensure that UDP 53 and UDP 123 are open on your Firewall as well (for outgoing traffic).

If this still doesn't work, you can try to put in a Hivemanager host name manually, but these are different per region and change... you can try with the European Master server in Ireland: hmng-prd-ie-cwpm-01.aerohive.com.

But a better way to troubleshoot this is to connect to your AP by ssh, and run the following command:

show capwap client

Post it here, as this shows all Capwap server settings and the current state. Sometimes it can happen that an AP is still stuck somewhere.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Thanks Georgia.. got to quickadd and added. But no connection.

ddb188068ccc4cce80427154860cec17_0690c000006V6YnAAK.png

I guess i need to configure hivemanager parameters. Is it as simple as adding Hivemanager ip address ro hostname? is there a list of these somewhere? I am in UK.

server2

server

Hi Michael, for the moment i am just using it as a simply wi-fi access point in the office over 2 floors with about 15 users. Its connected to a router which is connected to a cable modem router.. bit messy.

Hi Carsten, I signed up to the 30 day trial. I dont suppose I can revert to the NG connect from within the account in Hiveamanager. Maybe I have to go back and setup a new account on NG connect and start again?

Thank you all for your help.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Your easiest option is to use "NG Connect", which is free (no license or recurrent support fees), and gives you all configuration option you usually need for just a few APs.

"Standalone" here means that the Management system is only required for configuration changes, really. Once set up, it still works 100%, even if you cut the link to NG. But you still need NG to check for connected users etc.

michael_malek_8
New Contributor II
@Asad Jamil , by chance do you mean standalone as in no router upstream?

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

Don't think there's a guide on that but the quickest way would be: Go to Monitor> Add> Quick add devices> Enter the serial number> Select the network policy you want on the AP> Add devices. This will add the serial number to your device inventory, and as soon as the AP connects for the first time, the manager will automatically give it the network policy you selected. Once the AP is done updating and rebooting, you're online.

You can change device settings (like the host name of the device, IP, radio behavior, etc), by clicking on the host name of the AP (still on the monitor tab) once you've added it to your device inventory.

If you are looking to set up a particular kind of network policy/SSID, like PPSK, or Radius, there are guides for that on here.

asad_jamil
New Contributor

Many thanks Georgia. I signed up to the 30 day trial version of it. I Don't suppose you know if there is a step by step guide to just setting it up as an AP only, do you? Seems like a maze.

GTM-P2G8KFN