cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect to an SSID during a specific time

Can't connect to an SSID during a specific time

phadley
New Contributor II

Recently, one particular SSID will not accept clients or recognize connected clients until 9 A.M., and then sometime around 2 P.M. clients won’t be able to connect and lose connectivity. I don’t have any schedules set in my extreme network setup and I don’t have a schedule set up in my firewall. This started happening out of the blue and I have no clue why. Vlan’s are set up, but everything has been fine and there has been no major change to the configurations. Still waiting for Extreme to call me back.

AP250’s

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

phadley
New Contributor II

The issue has been resolved. I had some schedules in our firewall that may have created this problem, although the schedules did not line up with when we were having the issues. I turned them off and the problem went away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

phadley
New Contributor II

The issue has been resolved. I had some schedules in our firewall that may have created this problem, although the schedules did not line up with when we were having the issues. I turned them off and the problem went away.

phadley
New Contributor II

I’ll see what that comes up with, but this is happening to all AP’s on this SSID only and at the same time every day. Between the hours of 9-2 there is no problem on this VLAN and SSID.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I would recommend running a packet capture during the time of the issue, so you can see what’s going on in the network at the time of failure. For instance, if you have a large group of Chromebooks in the same area and they all decide to start broadcasting looking for updates, that has been known to flood the network with traffic for a time and stop all other wireless traffic until those Chromebooks are done searching/updating. A packet capture should show you that kind of traffic so we can narrow down the issue. 

This guide reviews how to run a packet capture on the CLI of an AP: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000049584&q=Packet%20capture

GTM-P2G8KFN