Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot delete Network Policy from ExtremeCloud IQ

Cannot delete Network Policy from ExtremeCloud IQ

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Still getting this error:

The Network Policy cannot be removed because it is used by another object (Device Configuration). Please disassociate references from other configuration items before removing the item.

There is no device using this network policy. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for the repeat step there, would you be able to try selecting the real AP as well as the simulated one and pushing an update out to that AP when it is able to reboot without interrupting production?

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Hi Sam! thanks, this solves the issue  Policy is already gone.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry for the repeat step there, would you be able to try selecting the real AP as well as the simulated one and pushing an update out to that AP when it is able to reboot without interrupting production?

michal_dolejsi
New Contributor

Hi Sam, I already did this. But I got an error "Could not find real device".

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for the access. The Simulated device should show up in the Manage devices tab when you get rid of the filter, but it's not showing for me either. You'll want to open a support case about that.

For the Network Policy, can you try going to Configure> Network Policy> Opening the Network Policy you want to keep> Go to the Deploy Policy tab> change the view from "Assigned" to "Eligible" and push the wanted policy to the simulated device? That should get rid of the connection to the other network policy so you can remove it as a work around.

GTM-P2G8KFN