cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captive portal configured and working but gives users UTC time instead of local timezone.

Captive portal configured and working but gives users UTC time instead of local timezone.

johnvoo
New Contributor

I checked the hivemanager NTP settings and the correct timezone is configured. Is there anything else I should configure?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, thank you for checking in. I emailed you a response yesterday, and I'll resend that again this morning just in case. I have received new information since then, and that is that I was able to confirm that we aren't able to set the time for the CWP at this time, it will always show at UTC time. I would encourage you to request that this setting be added to the CWP set up but submitting feedback via the HiveManager GUI (Chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages in HiveManager, directly under the question mark icon). This feedback goes directly to our engineering team, so it is the most direct way to request that features be added to future releases of HiveManager or HiveOS versions.

I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful today, I appreciate your patience while I confirmed this with the rest of my team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, thank you for checking in. I emailed you a response yesterday, and I'll resend that again this morning just in case. I have received new information since then, and that is that I was able to confirm that we aren't able to set the time for the CWP at this time, it will always show at UTC time. I would encourage you to request that this setting be added to the CWP set up but submitting feedback via the HiveManager GUI (Chat bubble icon on the right hand side of most pages in HiveManager, directly under the question mark icon). This feedback goes directly to our engineering team, so it is the most direct way to request that features be added to future releases of HiveManager or HiveOS versions.

I'm sorry we couldn't be more helpful today, I appreciate your patience while I confirmed this with the rest of my team.

johnvoo
New Contributor

The commands shows the time/clock is correct. I've emailed to you Sam.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you SSH in to the AP that you are connecting to and check the time on that AP? The commands you'd want to use are:

show time

show clock

If this time is correct, we'd want to open a support case to investigate further with you. If you haven't purchased support, please email me directly at communityhelp@aerohive.com and we'll see what we can do.

GTM-P2G8KFN