cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromebooks high latency and dropped connections

Chromebooks high latency and dropped connections

jmbmichael
New Contributor

We have noticed that all of our chromebooks are having connection issues. When pinging from a wired device all chromebooks have high ping rates and will randomly timeout. This is causing a major headache with online state testing as any kind of disruption in the connection causes the student to be kicked out of the test. This is only happening with chromebooks, windows laptops have perfect connections. After contacting aerohive for help numerous times over the past year all I ever get is they refer me to the chromebook guide which I have done all of that with no positive results. Is anyone else having these types of issues?

10 REPLIES 10

dennisph
New Contributor III

Here is what i get when I ping one of my chromebooks.

jmbmichael
New Contributor
This is not a new issue and it happens on every model that we have, Lenovo N23, dell 3180,etc. And we also have the firewall rules to block the mDNS traffic. Thanks

dennisph
New Contributor III

I will be happy to check it out. What chromebooks are you using? is this a new roll out by the way or have you had them for a while? The chromebooks do produce alot of multicast mDNS traffic i block it in the firewall on the access but it was cause me high CPU utilization which you are not seeing.

jmbmichael
New Contributor

I was just told by aerohive that when pinging a chromebook it is normal to have these high ping rates and random timeouts because the chromebooks produce so much noise, and at this point there is nothing that will help any at all other than the couple of settings referred to in their chromebook guide. Could someone else run a ping from their desktop to a chromebook and let me know what you get? Thanks

GTM-P2G8KFN