Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients connected to AP doesn't get an IP address

Clients connected to AP doesn't get an IP address

jesper_frydenre
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a couple of access points where clients doesn't get an IP address. When first configured, a couple of clients shortly gets an IP address, but is dropped again. The following clients that tries to logon can't obtain a IP address. The config on switchports is exactly the same as for a AP where it works.

I can see in the client monitor that a DHCP:

02-11-2018 10:41:40 AM  605718EB3930  08EA447E3D96  AH-7e3d80       INFO    (978)station sent out DHCP DISCOVER message

02-11-2018 10:41:45 AM  605718EB3930  08EA447E3D96  AH-7e3d80       INFO    (979)station sent out DHCP DISCOVER message

02-11-2018 10:41:53 AM  605718EB3930  08EA447E3D96  AH-7e3d80       INFO    (980)station sent out DHCP DISCOVER message

No IP address is obtained and I can figure out why.

Any good ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Systemscsn, I might recommend starting a new topic thread with your question. Just speaking from personal experience, my past cases seem to blend together after a while, going back to a specific issue from 2 years ago would be a challenge. But I’m sure our community members can help you out if you wanted to start this conversation again on a new thread. 

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

wow, seems no one comes back here to answer questions, or tell you if their issue was fixed, and how.  Not great.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Did you ever get an answer to this?  we just went through hell with pretty much the same issue you are describing.  We attributed it to a bad gbic somewhere on our campus, but id be very, very interested in whether anyone ever got back to you and what they said, or how you fixed it.  Jason.

jesper_frydenre
New Contributor

Hi David,

Ports are tagged with native VLAN. All VLANS is allowed on the port.

interface GigabitEthernet3/0/24

description ### AP08 ###

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 2030

switchport mode trunk

priority-queue out

mls qos trust dscp

no snmp trap link-status

Yes, DHCP server is listening. A PC connected to the port obtain an IP address. As written, when the AP is configured first time (after profile have been uploaded to AP) a couple of clients gets an IP address shortly, but the IP is dropped shortly after.

GTM-P2G8KFN