Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring QoS for VOIP on a BR-200

Configuring QoS for VOIP on a BR-200

mkogelman
New Contributor

Hey guys,

I'm looking into adding a QoS/Shaping policy for VoIP -- it would be the only entry -- it just needs full priority on some of our lower bandwidth connections.

Reading some of the documentation it seems that alot of these policies may not apply to the BR-200 at all.

Anyone ever worked this out? They are all plugged into eth0/4, so port based is possible. There are 2 OUIs so an OUI policy is also available. But just SIP-based through the ALG would be preferable.

Thanks!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

The only ways I know of to apply QoS is via the user profile for an SSID, the user profile for an Access Port, or via the entire network policy. If you have a separate SSID for VOIP traffic, you could apply the QoS to that SSID to give voice traffic the highest priority on that SSID. Does that sound like what you're looking for?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mkogelman
New Contributor

Ok that makes sense.. it is a wired client, let me look at the access port profile.

Thanks!

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

The only ways I know of to apply QoS is via the user profile for an SSID, the user profile for an Access Port, or via the entire network policy. If you have a separate SSID for VOIP traffic, you could apply the QoS to that SSID to give voice traffic the highest priority on that SSID. Does that sound like what you're looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN