Did you mean: 

CWP customization and language settings

CWP customization and language settings

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hello,

my default CWP language is german.

Sorry folks, my english far from perfect, but so is your german text on a CWP 🙂

I've downloaded "Self-Reg-Return-PPSK-Example" and looked inside the tar-file and I would have expected a "de.lang"-file... but ther isn't.

Is there a way how I can customize my localized CWP?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For the poor translations, could you please open a support ticket so we can log that and get it updated for you? Additionally, could you clarify what your question is regarding the editable CWP fields?

wies_hays
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

in the meanwhile I know that the text parts in question can be edited.

In the CWP configuration go to "Captive Web Portal Settings", click on "CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW, another button ""CUSTOMIZE AND PREVIEW" will appear, click on this also.

Now we see three tabs representing the "LANDING PAGE", "SUCCESS PAGE" and "ERROR PAGE".

This is what the "LANDING PAGE" looks like in german:

===

Danke für die Registrierung. 

Verwenden Sie in der sicheren SSID mit dem privaten prä-teilten Schlüssel oder Schlüssel aus mail/SMS:

NOTE:

YOUR ACCOUNT MAY NOT BE ACTIVE YET.

A notice will be sent to you when your Private Pre-Shared Key has been granted. If the key is still inactive in a few minutes, register again and one new will be generated and granted. Keep in mind use the latest one.

Ah-SICHERHEIT-ZUGANG-KENNWORT

Ah-Zugang-SSID

===

Now when you click on "CUSTOMIZE" you are able to "Customize Content".

But only this part can be modified:

===

Danke für die Registrierung. <br>Verwenden Sie in der sicheren SSID mit dem privaten prä-teilten Schlüssel oder Schlüssel aus mail/SMS:

===

which is actually the worst part here: "privaten prä-teilten" is nonsense, even google translate would say "geteilter Schlüssel" which is better, but no one would say... (technical persons would say "privater preshared key" or even "private preshared key" because there's no really good term in german. non-technical persons would probably say "WLAN-Paßwort" ("WIFI password")... which is technically incorrect... but in this case not so incorrect as a PPSK is in fact ... somehow a password 🙂

Really, also the rest of this sentence is confusing (what is the "sichere SSID"... a user does not understand to associate her end device to a new SSID at this stage... nobody explained so far.. and why can I chose to select from using the the PPSK here or from the key in the mail/SMS (which should be E-Mail/SMS")?? It should be the same, doesn't it?

Your german colleages can help you on this 🙂

Still there is the problem that we have english text here, which is not editable.

In my case that was acceptable as we only show the german page, so it looks bit more international 🙂

But I really doubt if the instructions in this text will really help anybody...

" If the key is still inactive in a few minutes, register again and one new will be generated and granted. Keep in mind use the latest one."

IMHO, the PPSK presented to a somebody who just registered with a Self-Registration CWP cannot register again (at least not without modifying first name and/or last name).

Also I see now way yet, how this can be modified...

I really would like to see that customization interface improved.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'll look for a file we can provide, but I'm not sure we have one. In the mean time, would you be able to open support tickets pointing out any language issues so we can get those fixed?

GTM-P2G8KFN