cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daisy Chain the Aerohive

Daisy Chain the Aerohive

prashan
New Contributor III

Can we daisy chain the aerohive access points ? if it is what is technology behind it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

So long as the ETH1 ports are set to bridge-access and ETH0 is set to backhaul, and we're only one VLAN (if you're using multiple VLANs ETH1 needs to be 802.1Q instead of bridge access to host the multiple VLANs), you should be able to do this. This is not Mesh, my apologies for the confusion.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

So long as the ETH1 ports are set to bridge-access and ETH0 is set to backhaul, and we're only one VLAN (if you're using multiple VLANs ETH1 needs to be 802.1Q instead of bridge access to host the multiple VLANs), you should be able to do this. This is not Mesh, my apologies for the confusion.

prashan
New Contributor III

This is what i'm talking about. I hope this mesh aka daisy chaind9ecab81f03542cb8d332ae77127707e_0690c000006FVAyAAO.png

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can set up a Mesh link if that's what you're asking, but we only support up to 4 connections in a Mesh chain. This is mostly because in a perfect lab environment, every Mesh connection cuts your connection speed in half. If you add in other factors that are unavoidable in non-lab conditions (RF interference, line of sight blocks, changes in atmospheric conditions, etc.), it makes setting up a Mesh chain a bit more complicated, so up to 4 connections is really as far as you want to go with one Mesh chain.

If you meant something else by daisy chain, could you please expand a bit more on what you're looking for?

GTM-P2G8KFN