cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do accesspoints sleep?

Do accesspoints sleep?

beheer1
New Contributor

We have 2AP230's. But somehow they seem to sleep sometimes.

Example:

This morning I arrived at the office early, and tried to connect to an AP with my laptop. This did not work. Then I tried connecting with my phone, this seemed to work (I had full signal) but there was no data transferred over the line. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting several times on the phone, when suddenly it worked and I did get bytes over the connection.

This was the moment that the computer finally managed to connect to the wifi. And now all seems to work fine.

So I was wondering if there is a sleep function in the AP that I do not know off.

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for getting that data for us. Would you be able to either attach that to this thread or email it directly to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can take a look?

beheer1
New Contributor

I have made a client monitor, and a movie showing what happens on a device when this occurs.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

There isn't any sleep function, the radios are either on or off per manual settings. There could be a schedule set on the user profile of the SSID to have different settings at different times of the day, that might be something to check.

If this happens again, would we be able to get a client monitor so we can see what step of the authentication process is failing? That will help narrow down the issue.

GTM-P2G8KFN