cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need a router to have different vlans connected to aerohive switches SR 2224P.

Do i need a router to have different vlans connected to aerohive switches SR 2224P.

robert_wambani
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Any router should be able to handle two subnets, but you might run in to a bottle neck depending on the router in use and the amount of traffic coming in at once. If you want to use an Aerohive router, this guide reviews how to set up different networks within the HiveManager GUI: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Branch-Routers-in-NG

I do see this post tagged with HiveManager Connect though, and unfortunately Connect does not offer routing features so you'd have to upgrade to Select to use an Aerohive router.

robert_wambani
New Contributor

Sam

Thanks for the insight, highly appreciated. what i have is LAN running on 192.168.20.X, but i want to have 2 Vlans, 192.168.1.X(for mngt) and 192.168.0.X(for cameras) as well. can a normal router 10/100mbps speed handle this. Aerohive switch is transmitting

data at 1000mbps

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You would need a core router in general, but you don't need an Aerohive router. You would want to configure the ports on the SR2224P as trunk ports and configure those ports to allow the VLANs in use.

GTM-P2G8KFN