cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Does HiveManager NG have any functionality like HiveManager Classic for user acount creation? We currently use RADIUS for admin users in classic.

Does HiveManager NG have any functionality like HiveManager Classic for user acount creation? We currently use RADIUS for admin users in classic.

j_cross
New Contributor

I am looking at moving to NG and we have a bunch of people that have the ability to create guest accounts, these permissions come based on RADIUS attributes in HM Classic. How would I accomplish this in NG? Would every user have to be manually created? I do not want users to create another password to remember, can that information come from AD? I see SAML is also an option, has anyone been able to get this to work with ADFS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hi @Jesse Crossā€‹ ,

This is possible, and would require a Case for integration. I know you are currently considering NG as the next move, so for now we can setup the NG Instance, and integrate as a test during the Evaluation period.

I don't know the exact details about your current setup, but ultimately, if you are considering moving to NG, or already have an evaluation instance, please create a Case for SAML Integration.

This integration would provide SSO to the administration of the VHM. Then based on what type of user, they will be able to view whats permitted. So this should be what you are looking for, as it would allow specific users with existing RADIUS credentials to sign in to the VHM and view/create Guest Credentials.

Hope this helps, happy to assist,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

I don't think you can do it via radius attributes, but you can make guest managers who can log in and only see the parts of the manager they need for making new users. This guide covers guest managers for NG- https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Guest-Management-Account-in-NG

GTM-P2G8KFN