cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to have different SSID availability schedules?

Easiest way to have different SSID availability schedules?

thommo_41
New Contributor

Afternoon. At the moment, I have a single network policy, for 9 AP's. 8 are in the UK, on the same site. 1 is in the US. I had an availability schedule to restrict the wireless outside of working hours, but the US site is obviously inheriting this, and is restricting it to the same times based on UK time.

I want to maintain the same config at both sites, the same SSID's at both, but with different settings for the UK and US AP's (Namely, the schedule - or time zone?, and the radio details/country code).

Whats the best way forward? I did initially do another network policy and AP profile just for US which was great, but the SSID's cannot be the same name in the UK and US by doing this, unless I missed something?

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I'm not quite sure if this is the most efficient way of achieving this, but here goes:

Clone the radio profile on the 2.4GHz (I believe that 5GHz does not have a region drop down as the 2.4 profiles do) and I'd name it the same, but append UK or US at the end of it, based upon the option chosen.

Then, I'd create a device template within the policy, one for each region.

Within the device template > device configuration > choose the radio profiles on the two wifi interfaces (e.g. the two UK radio profiles) & save > go to advanced settings within the template > set the country code (e.g. 826 if UK).

Then repeat the above process for the US profiles & country code.

Under the monitor tab, click an AP > device configuration > device template and select the specific template. I don't believe you can do this in bulk but as you have 9 APs, this may not be too bad.

As I said, this may not be the most streamlined approach, but it should achieve what you require.

thommo_41
New Contributor

Thanks Ashley, that's just the thing. I'm not sure about the Wireless profiles though, as there is a country selection (code) and a setting on the 2.4 for Europe or US - at the moment, the US is using the config as UK...

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Alan,

Within the policy > additional settings > policy settings > device time zone:

You should be able to enable 'Apply time zone to devices via classification'

From this, you should be able to apply a time zone to access points (I'd recommend the rule is set by device location in this instance) something like this:3ba0c935e6e047bc8a59ed96afc7aafb_0690c000007saYsAAI.png

Prerequisite of assigning your APs to a location on the map.

GTM-P2G8KFN