cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 9 The device appears to be in use by another VIQ.

karlc87
New Contributor

Hi Community,

I wanted to register my Aerohive AP230 on ExtremeCloudIQ, but I get the error:

Can you please support me?

Serial number: 02301405161228

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karl, thanks for reaching out, that device should now be free to add to your inventory. Is there anything else I can help you with?

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

SamPirok
Community Manager

Unfortunately no, there are major differences in what is available on Pilot vs Connect. You won’t be able to use the configuration from your Pilot set up, you will have to rebuild everything in Connect. 

akin_oezguer
New Contributor III

Dear Sam Pirok,

great! I got it! Thank you very much!!

Sam, is it possible to fetch the existing configuration on my AP to use it in ExtremeCloud IQ Connect?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Akin

SamPirok
Community Manager

Of course, ExtremeCloud IQ (XIQ) Pilot is the full featured version of XIQ and requires a license to use. XIQ Connect is the limited feature version of XIQ and is free to use. The more advanced networking options are not available for Connect, but you should be able to set up a basic wifi network and manage your APs on Connect without issue. Any feature you see in Connect that has a gold arrow in a circle next to it is going to be a feature that isn’t available unless you upgrade to Pilot. 

You can register for a Connect instance for free to see what is available if you’re interested. You would do this by going to extremecloudiq.com, click register, fill out the registration form, once you get your confirmation email and click on the link to set your password, you then should see a page with three options; use Pilot for free for 30 days as a trial, use Pilot and enter an entitlement key you’ve purchased, or to use Connect for free. Choose Connect and then you should see your new XIQ instance. 

Hope that helped! Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

akin_oezguer
New Contributor III

Dear Sam Pirok,

thank you very much for supporting me!

Sam, I’m a privat person. I got some Aerohive APs from Webinars and from friends.

My question is: what is the different between extreme cloud IQ Pilot and extreme cloud IQ connect. 

I talked to someone, who supports Aerohive APs and he told me, that extreme cloud IQ connect is for privat use and it is without license. 

You know, that I’m not able to administrate my APs at the moment (Basic thinks). I never had the choice to choose, that I’m a private person. 

Can you help me please to understand, why I need a license for extreme cloud IQ.

For your information: the Aerohive APs were configured with an Hivemanager with a 30 day trial version.

Thank you so much for supporting me, Sam!

GTM-P2G8KFN