cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Captive Web Portal for a not routed VLAN

Ethernet Captive Web Portal for a not routed VLAN

MI
New Contributor III

I would like to configure a 'Ethernet Captive Web Portal' for our wired guest on a AP245-X. I would like to connect clients to a VLAN A (which isn't routed) and redirect the client traffic to a VLAN B (which has access to the internet) after a successful web authentication.

Would this be possible? How do I have to configure the ethernet interfaces, the captive web portal and which profiles do I have to apply?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MI
New Contributor III

Currently I've configured the following and it is working for one client which is connected to Eth1 directly.

Captive Web Portal:

Eth0 has our AP management VLAN (VLAN M) and guest VLAN configured (VLAN A).

A client which is connected directly to VLAN A with an switch in our infrastructure will get an IP address from our guest DHCP scope from the firewall and is able to access the internet without the CWP. I assume that I will need VLAN B as Ingress Interface and VLAN A as Egress Interface. The AP could NAT the traffic from VLAN B to VLAN A.

In our old Cisco environment this was working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MI
New Contributor III

My pasted images where not saved.f6c76380d8f843399bc0e1a5510d9aed_0690c000006VMRdAAO.png 2018-06-05 Ethernet settings 2

2018-06-05 CWP01 Wired guest access

MI
New Contributor III

Currently I've configured the following and it is working for one client which is connected to Eth1 directly.

Captive Web Portal:

Eth0 has our AP management VLAN (VLAN M) and guest VLAN configured (VLAN A).

A client which is connected directly to VLAN A with an switch in our infrastructure will get an IP address from our guest DHCP scope from the firewall and is able to access the internet without the CWP. I assume that I will need VLAN B as Ingress Interface and VLAN A as Egress Interface. The AP could NAT the traffic from VLAN B to VLAN A.

In our old Cisco environment this was working.

GeorgiaMason
Contributor II

The only way I know of to apply a CWP is to an SSID. I just poked around the port settings and didn't see a way to do it via the port, so I'm not sure if this can be done. Otherwise it sounds like you want to NAT your traffic, is that right?

GTM-P2G8KFN