Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernetports on AP150W with different VLANs

Ethernetports on AP150W with different VLANs

helge_jubitz
New Contributor

Hello everybody,

Is it possible to configure the Ethernet ports of the AP150W so that a VLAN other than the native one can be used?

When I connect a wired device, it gets an IP address from the native management VLAN.

Can this be changed to allow users to get an IP from, for example, a guest network?

Greetings Helge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Helge,

You've listed this post in "Hivemanager", so I want to confirm, is this for Classic or for the Newest Hivemanager?

Classic = MyHive.aerohive

Hivemanager = Cloud.aerohive

Ultimately, the general instructions are the same. In the Network Policy, you'll create a Device-Template for the AP150W devices. In the template, you will specify Port assignments for eth1, eth2, and eth3.

The steps are slightly different from Classic to Hivemanager, but in both, the device Template in the Network policy is required.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

helge_jubitz
New Contributor

Hi David,

thanks for that quick answer. We have an HiveManger Classic on Premises.

But with your hint we found everything we need an it works properly and perfect for our needs. the 150W is an absolutly nice product.

Many thanks,

Helge

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello Helge,

You've listed this post in "Hivemanager", so I want to confirm, is this for Classic or for the Newest Hivemanager?

Classic = MyHive.aerohive

Hivemanager = Cloud.aerohive

Ultimately, the general instructions are the same. In the Network Policy, you'll create a Device-Template for the AP150W devices. In the template, you will specify Port assignments for eth1, eth2, and eth3.

The steps are slightly different from Classic to Hivemanager, but in both, the device Template in the Network policy is required.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN