cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

Failed firmware upgrade (6.5r1b to 10.0r7a)

childs999
New Contributor

I have bought a new AP130 unit that is currently running 6.5r1b and I want to update this to 10.0r7a. When I attempt to do this via hiveamanger (Cloud) I get an error "device update failed". I've read some other forum posts indicating I may need to jump to a slightly NEWER firmware before upgrading to 10.0

I've attached a screenshot of the error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

childs999

25 REPLIES 25

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you. Could you tell me what your Organization Name is? If you'd rather share this privately, please feel free to email the Organization Name to me directly.

stevee
New Contributor

Done.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Could you add me as an external user so I can take a look for you? If you'd like to add me, please use the email address spirok@extremenetworks.com. This guide reviews how to add an external user and how to find the Organization Name, which I will need to find your instance in particular: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Allowing-Support-Access-to-HiveManager

stevee
New Contributor

One more here. I have 4 AP130's that are at 6.5r4 and they are failing with the same "...unable to save the image to flash memory..." error.

I also have one at 6.5r7, but when I select it the Update Devices button is still greyed out. Shouldn't this one offer the option of an update also?

I have rebooted all of these moments ago.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for letting me know Nick, I've emailed you the necessary firmware files and guide as well. Please let me know if you have any trouble updating your AP from here.

GTM-P2G8KFN