cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request - Allow retention of device name and location when doing a device reset.

Feature Request - Allow retention of device name and location when doing a device reset.

lee_harper
New Contributor II

With device template changes not applying to configured devices, and no way to force a device to discard manual configuration changes, I am doing a lot of device resets. It really isn't that bad, except for needing to rename devices and place them on floor plans again. If there was a way to have ExtremeCloudIQ retain those settings that would be great.

OR

Expand the "revert to template" buttons that were added for the radio profiles to the rest of the config. With device templates not entirely working, this wouldn't be as effective, but would still be extremely helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Lee, thanks for the great feature request idea. You'll want to submit feature requests to your Sales Engineer since you have active support. I've emailed your Sales Engineer with this request and CCed you on the email so you can keep track of the conversation and so you can reach out to him directly with any future requests you may have. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lee_harper
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, Sam. I wasn't sure what the process was for feature requests, and wasn't sure who our Sales Engineer was now.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Lee, thanks for the great feature request idea. You'll want to submit feature requests to your Sales Engineer since you have active support. I've emailed your Sales Engineer with this request and CCed you on the email so you can keep track of the conversation and so you can reach out to him directly with any future requests you may have. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

GTM-P2G8KFN