cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID Assignment based on tag value

SSID Assignment based on tag value

patkszen
New Contributor

I'm not sure if this can be done in Hivemanager classic - Software Version:8.1r2.

We have one policy that consists of 3 SSID's. There are different requirement from site to site in terms of SSID's being broadcasted.

Can SSID assignment be achieved through tags?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. We don't have any tags that could apply to clients before they choose to authenticate to one of your SSIDs, but if you go to Monitor> Check the box next to the AP> Modify> Scroll down to the Optional Settings section and expand SSID Allocation> Check the box next to the SSIDs when you want them to be available or uncheck the box next to the SSIDs you don't want available> push a complete configuration out to the APs, would that be similar to what you were looking for?

patkszen
New Contributor

It's 3 separate SSID's but it would be one, two or all of them being available at a time on a site based on requirements which can change at any time and I'm not able to anticipate.

I'm trying to figure if it's possible to have all 3 SSID's selected in "configure interfaces and user access" at all times but SSID being assigned based on tags.

The way I do it know is that I go to the policy, select required SSID's, save it and push the config to access points that need it. I would then revert the SSID's selection to our default setup and save again.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe you can achieve this on Classic but I want to clarify what your set up needs to look like. Do you want one SSID at all locations, with different user profile rules assigned to clients based on the clients location? Or do you want three separate SSIDs at each site? If you do want all three SSIDs, are you looking for a schedule that determines when clients can connect to each individual SSID?

GTM-P2G8KFN