cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ATOM to use a wired uplink if there is one plugged in?

Get ATOM to use a wired uplink if there is one plugged in?

thommo_41
New Contributor

This should be very simple, but if I want to hard wire an ATOM instead of use the wireless mesh, shouldn't plugging it in be enough? Won't it automatically use the wired interface instead of meshing?

3 REPLIES 3

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III
When it is plugged in, are you able to monitor the switch to see if the interface came up, if the ATOM MAC address is registered, and if it is associated with the proper VLAN?
From the other side, can you ssh into the ATOM to ensure the Ethernet port is enabled, etc? We can troubleshoot further depending on your results.

thommo_41
New Contributor

Annoyingly, the switch is all configured correctly, in fact an AP250 works off the same cable to prove it's working. The ATOM is not having it at all though. The template has the Ethernet setup and enabled as an uplink. But the HM shows it as disabled when you check the status. I wonder if it's broken in fact, never checked with a cable. I will have to wipe it I think and re-provision to see...

bruce_stahlin
Contributor III

If the upstream switch is configured properly, yes. Make sure trunking is enabled and your management VLAN is configured for the interface. As long as the AP can connect via L2 and L3 over the wire, it should perform in backhaul mode.

GTM-P2G8KFN