cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the following error: aerohive ap cant remove /tmp/logging_top_data also, before this, i was not able to login into the aerohive via console (device name was "aerohive")

getting the following error: aerohive ap cant remove /tmp/logging_top_data also, before this, i was not able to login into the aerohive via console (device name was "aerohive")

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Julien, I would recommend opening a case with your partner so they can do some CLI troubleshooting with you to see if they can get those devices stabilized.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello,

I actually have the same problem as Amir.

I updated my AP122 to 10.0.R7A, but 5 of my 80 ap actually went down. When I try to reset with the physical button, nothing ... And when I try to connect to serial port, it's the same. I can not connect (I tried all combinations & as well as the management password declared on the hivemanager ...). And we have this message to:

touch: / tmp / logging_top_data: no available space on the device

rm: can not delete '/ tmp / logging_top_data': no ​​such file or directory

do you have the solution?

Thank you.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. In that case we will want to open a support case for this issue so an engineer can attempt to interrupt the boot process and flash the AP to see if we can clear up that error message. I've enabled case creation access for you per your support level. If you can let me know the case number you are emailed after submitting the case, I can leave some notes for the engineer so you don't have to repeat what we've already discussed here.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Sam, i cannot get tech data through hive manager or NG because the device is shown as DOWN. the device cannot connect to the cloud. also this AP doesnt even boot to cli hence why i am connected via console cable. this error happens during boot, i am not able to even get to cli. it continuously sates "cant rm /tmp/logging_top_data"

GTM-P2G8KFN