cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having TX rate 360 Mbps on Mac Book Airs -

Having TX rate 360 Mbps on Mac Book Airs -

agroch
New Contributor

Experts, when I test any mack book air with any access points I have only TX rate 360 Mbps while when testing at home with Asus I have over 700 Mbps - is this normal for Aerohive 650 access points?

6 REPLIES 6

agroch
New Contributor

thank you

ashley_finch
Contributor III

No problem.

Just something to be aware of:

80MHz has 6 non overlapping channels (including 1 in the UNII3 band)

40MHz has 12 non overlapping channels (including 2 in the UNII3 band)1a1560eda74442399645f967bfdfdcbf_0694Q000009I2AEQA0.png

agroch
New Contributor

Thank you Ashley, I will play with 80 Mhz on a single 650 AP, this is a school environment so I have to be careful with 80 and maybe select part of it.

With 80 mhz I have noticed jump from 360 to 780 Mbps for TX

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Channel or channel width?

2.4GHz - I'd use channels 1,6 or 11 as they don't overlap and keep at 20MHz width as generally the 2.4GHz is pretty noisy with neighboring APs (though deployment dependant of course, I'm just speaking generally).

5GHz - Enable DFS if not in a RADAR area (i.e. near an airport for instance), UNII-3 band use depends if using a limited tx power is fine for the deployment or not. 40MHz channel widths are usually fine.

You can use the command "show acsp neighbor" to see surrounding APs with the channels and channel widths being used.

GTM-P2G8KFN