cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hello, How to upgrade the licence from 11.26.3.6 to 12.8 ? I can't apply my actual licence key to the new Hive Manager deployment. My licence key is always supported. Thanks for your help !

Hello, How to upgrade the licence from 11.26.3.6 to 12.8 ? I can't apply my actual licence key to the new Hive Manager deployment. My licence key is always supported. Thanks for your help !

support18
New Contributor
12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. Ideally we'd want to turn the old instance off and then bring the new instance online and apply the key. If both instances will be active at the same time, you'd need to open a support case so a technician can remove the licenses manually from the old HiveManager via the shell. As soon as the keys are removed, you would not be able to manage any devices in the HiveManager. Having one key active in two on premises HiveManagers will cause problems and could lock you out of the HiveManager GUI.

support18
New Contributor

"And I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your last question, could you clarify what you're asking?"

I have an "Hive Manager" actually in production mode with this key and i created a new VM with the last "Hive Manager" if you reinitialize the key, my current "Hive manager" will be without key no ? If yes how many time, the current instance will be functionnal ?

support18
New Contributor

I sent you an email.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

That seems to be an error with a particular key, could you email that key to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com so I can make sure it is created properly and still valid? And I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand your last question, could you clarify what you're asking?

support18
New Contributor

If you reinitialized the key how many time i have got to make the migration ?

GTM-P2G8KFN