cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I cannot unmanage old Access Point, and web UI stuck on Monitor page.

Help! I cannot unmanage old Access Point, and web UI stuck on Monitor page.

tom_meadows
New Contributor

Hi I have a problem with our Aerohive NG virtual appliance, and I think it might be a bug related to licensing issue.

We have 17 licenses and 17 Access Points. We recently discovered the access points in our US office were not FTC mode, so got FTC replacements.

The old Access Points have been packed away and are in transit back to our UK offices.

When I log into our Aerohive NG (which is running 11.26.0.29), I can see the "Monitor" page, and the text "Number of managed devices:19, Number of licensed devices:17".

In the list of APs below, I can see references to both the old US APs and the new ones (hence we are 2 licenses over).

However, the problem is that if I check checkbox against the old US APs, and then click the "Unmanage devices" button, the page refreshes, but the APs I am trying to remove are still there.

Furthermore, the UI seems 'stuck' on the Monitor page now- if I click on the other AP links, or I try to get to Configure>Network Policies, whenever the page refreshes, it refreshes to the Monitor AP screen again.

I'm wondering if this is a bug encountered due to going over license (I can't assume it is intended behaviour). 

How can I unmanage these 2 old Access Points to get back within license limit?

Thanks!

tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, you want to remove the devices from your device inventory all together, instead of simply unmanaging them (they will still count against your total in an unmanaged state). To remove them from your device inventory you will want to go to Monitor> Select the check box next to the AP> and then click on the trash can icon to remove them from the HiveManager completely. I have emailed you a temporary key for 2 devices to get your HiveManager unlocked long enough to remove those 2 extra devices, the email should have come from communityhelp@aerohive.com.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It is a bit odd but that is expected behavior (that you get locked to one screen when your license threshold is exceeded). I would recommend submitting your thoughts/feedback on this to our engineering team via the feedback option in HiveManager (looks like a chat bubble, right hand side of most pages in HiveManager, with the question mark icon). This goes directly to our engineering team so they can take your feedback in to account and possibly develop a new work flow for this situation that allows you to modify your device inventory while exceeding your license threshold.

tom_meadows
New Contributor

Thanks Sam - that temporary license allowed me to remove the 2 old AP details. Is the system working as designed though? The web interface appears to prevent any function (including removing overlicensed devices) if license threshold exceeded, which seems odd to me (you've had to provide me with temporary licenses to resolve this situation....).

Tom

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello, you want to remove the devices from your device inventory all together, instead of simply unmanaging them (they will still count against your total in an unmanaged state). To remove them from your device inventory you will want to go to Monitor> Select the check box next to the AP> and then click on the trash can icon to remove them from the HiveManager completely. I have emailed you a temporary key for 2 devices to get your HiveManager unlocked long enough to remove those 2 extra devices, the email should have come from communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN