cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all Anyone experiencing issues with the new iPad Pros not connecting / falling off / not been able to browse the internet.?

Hi all Anyone experiencing issues with the new iPad Pros not connecting / falling off / not been able to browse the internet.?

s_mainwaring
New Contributor

We have a mixture of 230 and 250's AP's and since the introduction of the new iPads its been chaos. Last year we had no problem. Have seen the forums re the 5ghz issues but we cant establish a pattern. Macbooks and older iPads are fine.

thanks

Stuart

3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

For HiveManager Classic, you'll want to go to Configuration> Open the Network Policy> Open the SSID Object> Expand Radio and Rates. In the top box for 2.4GHz you'll want to set 1-9 to N/A. In the second box for 5GHz you'll want to do the same to 6 and 9. We'll want to leave the MCS rates alone. This will require a stronger signal between the client device and the AP, so they shouldn't roam to APs that are farther away from them when there is a closer option near by.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that tech data and client monitor, I am seeing very heavy interference on the 2.4GHz radio, but none to speak of on the 5GHz radio. I'm not sure why the client wasn't choosing 5GHz over 2.4GHz, but we can influence this by enabling band steering to 5GHz in the 2.4GHz Radio Profile if we haven't done this already. Is this something we could try in general to get clients off the 2.4GHz radio when possible?

Also, I would recommend disabling lower data rates on the APs to require a stronger signal between a client device and an AP before connection or roaming is allowed. If you can confirm which kind of HiveManager you are using (Classic or HiveManager (formerly NG)), then I can give you instructions on how to disable lower data rates. In general this is in the SSID settings, but specific instructions depend on the platform you're using.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Frequent disconnections are commonly caused by high interference, could you send me tech data from an AP in a problem area so I can take a look at your radio frequency environment?

To get tech data using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com) go to 

Monitor> Select the check box next to the AP> Utilities> Get Tech Data. 

  

To get tech data using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) go to 

Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time). 

  

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP in case that's easier: 

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI 

If you'd like to send this directly to me, my email is communityhelp@aerohive.com.

GTM-P2G8KFN