cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, How can I block clients on AP 130 from HiveConsol?

jaime_villagome
New Contributor
9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying for me, this guide will walk you through how to set up a MAC firewall rule in HiveManager: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Creating-MAC-Firewall-Rules-in-HiveManager

jaime_villagome
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

I am using cloud.aerohive.com . Can you please whit procedure?

Regards..

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Instructions for setting up a MAC filter depends a bit on what HiveManager platform you are using. Could you tell me if you're using HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com) or HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com)?

A content filter would be something you host externally to the Aerohive equipment, much like your networks firewall.

jaime_villagome
New Contributor

Ok, how do block witch MAC; you have the procedure for that i can do it, and the other option for to contents filter.

Regards....

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You could set up a MAC filter and deny access to particular MAC addresses, but this is typically only recommended if there are a small number of clients to block. If you have a large number of devices you need to block, we'd recommend a content filter or firewall instead of managing this via the APs. There are also SSID security levels that make it difficult for unauthorized users to connect, can I ask what you're using now for your SSID and what kind of clients you are trying to block?

GTM-P2G8KFN