cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I can see multiple articles about hiding SSID for entire Policy, but can you choose to hide the SSID on a per AP basis? Cheers Kris

Hi, I can see multiple articles about hiding SSID for entire Policy, but can you choose to hide the SSID on a per AP basis? Cheers Kris

Kris_Wood
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Kris_Wood
New Contributor

Hi Brian,

This looks to have worked which is cool. Thanks for your help. I wanted a few of the AP's in my lab to not show the SSID but still collect the un-associated clients analytics data so this should do the trick. Thanks!

Kris

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Kris,

You could easily use the CLI Supplement to accomplish this.

Simply create a CLI Supplement object (enable CLI Supplement if not already enabled).

Add the following command where <string> is your SSID:

ssid <string> hide-ssid 

Then apply this CLI Supplement to the APs you only wish to hide the SSID and push complete updates out to them.

Kris_Wood
New Contributor

Thanks Antoniutz,

Thats a good point, will resort to that if nothing else, seems odd it's not possible per AP.

Cheers

Kris

pagella
New Contributor III

I dont think this is possible. U could create a policy including only the APs where u want to hide it. But this is a pain in the *** since u cant copy policies 😞

GTM-P2G8KFN