cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hi! I can't understand what is used Aerohive Redirector. Who has access there? If my company uses Cloud Hive Manager and Aerohive access points, do I need to enter the serial numbers used in the Redirector?

Hi! I can't understand what is used Aerohive Redirector. Who has access there? If my company uses Cloud Hive Manager and Aerohive access points, do I need to enter the serial numbers used in the Redirector?

n_isaev
New Contributor
5 REPLIES 5

n_isaev
New Contributor

Ashley, thank you!

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Nikita,

Yes that's correct ļ™‚ Not sure on whether you're using Classic or NG but if you schedule a complete configuration upload for a few minutes time, push it through, once completed then remove the serial from the old instance and add it to the new the APs should show up after a few minutes when they reboot.

n_isaev
New Contributor

Hi, Ashley!

Then I just need to remove the serial numbers of access points from one Cloud Hive Manager account and add them to another account?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

Hi Nikita,

For a Cloud instance, the redirector is used to point APs towards a HiveManager. When an AP boots up initially, it will go to the redirector to find out which HiveManager it is associated with.

Therefore, you will need to add the serials into your HiveManager, so that the redirector knows where to point them.

GTM-P2G8KFN