cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. I have a quesiton. I enable load balance with radio profile. If you enable load balancing, is there any way to notice if load balancing works? regards. Yoshii

Hi. I have a quesiton. I enable load balance with radio profile. If you enable load balancing, is there any way to notice if load balancing works? regards. Yoshii

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

A manual approach to simply see statistics is to issue a "show int wifi<0/1> counters

Towards the bottom of that output you will see a "load balance suppress" counter that should signify if clients are being acted upon by your load balance configuration. Clearing out these counters prior to testing may be the best approach to see if it increments. clear int wifi<0/1> counters will zero them out.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Thank you for support.

I have be able to solve my question.

I think that normally It is difficult to confirm with CLI.

I hope I can check that on Hive manager GUI.

Thanks,

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

A manual approach to simply see statistics is to issue a "show int wifi<0/1> counters

Towards the bottom of that output you will see a "load balance suppress" counter that should signify if clients are being acted upon by your load balance configuration. Clearing out these counters prior to testing may be the best approach to see if it increments. clear int wifi<0/1> counters will zero them out.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Some things to keep in mind with load balancing:

If roaming is required, load balancing may get in the way of this as it tries to avoid placing more clients on a busy AP. Load balancing is only recommended for very high density areas, such as a gym, auditorium, lecture hall, etc. Finally, the APs with this setting need to be within the same four walls of each other; if they are spread out between different rooms and hallways then load balancing will not work properly.

That said, the best way to tell load balancing is working is to look at the number of clients spread between the different APs to see if one AP seems to be hosting a larger number of clients than the others, or if they all seem relatively even as far as client load is considered.

GTM-P2G8KFN