cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping latency on devices

High ping latency on devices

mvrijsten
New Contributor

We have just moved over to HivemanagerNG and are running on AP130 accesspoints.

Since we have moved over, we are having issues with quite a few devices which are having very high latency and sometimes lose connection. It does not seem to be a specific AP issue, since not all devices on the same AP have issues.

For example:

• We have a Android mobile phone which is having a latency when we ping it from around 300-700ms
  • On the same AP i have by Windows 10 laptop which has a latency of around 1-2 ms to the gateway
  • They are both connected to 5GHz

At first we were running 10.0r5 but heard this had a bug which could cause these issues. We are waiting for our supplier to make a newer firmware available so in the meantime we downgraded to 8.4r11. Still, we seem to keep the issues.

When looking on the AP of the example, when we check for "show int wifi1" the summary state= good.

Last thing we changed since the new hivemanager is that the authentication for the network has changed from WPA2 personal to Enterprise (with Radius authentication via Windows NPS)

Any ideas why some type of devices keep having issues?

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to send me tech data from a problematic AP, pulled while an android client is connected to that AP and having issues? If you could email the tech data and MAC address of the android client that had the issues to me at communityhelp@aerohive.com, I can take a look and let you know what we find.

GTM-P2G8KFN