cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager Classic Online Upgrade Notification?

HiveManager Classic Online Upgrade Notification?

shaun_nicholas
New Contributor

I have received notification that I need to upgrade my version of HiveManager classic online from Enterprise 6.8r7a to 8.2r2.

However after registering and login the downloads page is blank. How do I get to download the 8.2r2 software?

Do I need t perform this upgrade or allow it to happen automatically?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

You always have the option to Upgrade ahead of the Auto-Upgrade date, from Home -> Administration -> Hivemanager Operations -> Upgrade Software

With any Hivemanager Software upgrade, the Hivemanager Classic instance will move to a new Server, and will have a new IP Address/Hostname.

In a network setup with "No firewall", the APs will reconnect to the new Hivemanager Classic Instance on it's new server.

If you have Firewall rules that Specifically allow Aerohive devices to communicate with HM-Classic, you may need to modify those rules to reflect the new IP/Hostname.

Here are the Services/Protocols/Ports that Aerohive devices and HM-Classic use:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/ref/services.htm

The above information only applies to you as the Network Administrator.

End-Users with their Client-Devices won't notice the switch at all. This is due to our "Controller-Less" design, having configuration distributed on each Device.

It always good to send a Complete-Config Update to all Hive Connected devices after a Hivemanager upgrade.

Alternatively, if a reboot is not possible right away, a Delta-Configuration will suffice.

Finally, once HM-Classic is up to date, I would recommend starting the process of Updating firmware on all devices in the Hive.

I am also happy to answer any questions along the way,

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

You always have the option to Upgrade ahead of the Auto-Upgrade date, from Home -> Administration -> Hivemanager Operations -> Upgrade Software

With any Hivemanager Software upgrade, the Hivemanager Classic instance will move to a new Server, and will have a new IP Address/Hostname.

In a network setup with "No firewall", the APs will reconnect to the new Hivemanager Classic Instance on it's new server.

If you have Firewall rules that Specifically allow Aerohive devices to communicate with HM-Classic, you may need to modify those rules to reflect the new IP/Hostname.

Here are the Services/Protocols/Ports that Aerohive devices and HM-Classic use:

https://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/8.2r2/hm/full/Content/ref/services.htm

The above information only applies to you as the Network Administrator.

End-Users with their Client-Devices won't notice the switch at all. This is due to our "Controller-Less" design, having configuration distributed on each Device.

It always good to send a Complete-Config Update to all Hive Connected devices after a Hivemanager upgrade.

Alternatively, if a reboot is not possible right away, a Delta-Configuration will suffice.

Finally, once HM-Classic is up to date, I would recommend starting the process of Updating firmware on all devices in the Hive.

I am also happy to answer any questions along the way,

Hope this helps,

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN