cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivemanager On-Prem: Status lights on the AP's will shut off

Hivemanager On-Prem: Status lights on the AP's will shut off

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

Status lights were turned off by the previous administrator. I set the policy to turn them back on in management options but after a day or so they will revert to having them off. I'm running 6.8r7a HM On-Prem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The typical LED behavior is that the LED will remain on constantly for 24 hours after a reboot or upon first powering on, and then they will switch to flashing on for 4 seconds every 60 seconds, and otherwise remaining off. This behavior is intended to prolong the life of the LEDs on the APs. Can you confirm that the AP is still flashing on once every 60 seconds?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I believe it's for the 130 and 230 lines, since those were the ones we were seeing burn out quickly.

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I can confirm that it did flash. I'm still curious if this is just for the AP230 model line as the AP550's remain on. Thank you for your quick response!

adam_clegg
New Contributor III

I will wait 60 seconds and confirm. I was not aware they had a flashing mode. The AP330's we have remain on. The AP230's are the only ones ive seen turn off. We have AP550's in NG and they remain on.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The typical LED behavior is that the LED will remain on constantly for 24 hours after a reboot or upon first powering on, and then they will switch to flashing on for 4 seconds every 60 seconds, and otherwise remaining off. This behavior is intended to prolong the life of the LEDs on the APs. Can you confirm that the AP is still flashing on once every 60 seconds?

GTM-P2G8KFN