cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a free AP a few years ago, the entitlement key for which has long since expired. I'd like to use the AP on the Hivemanager Connect platform to try it out...

I got a free AP a few years ago, the entitlement key for which has long since expired. I'd like to use the AP on the Hivemanager Connect platform to try it out...

James11
New Contributor

Any idea how i can get the AP removed from the VHM it is currently registered to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, "no hivemanager" will clear the old HiveManager address, and then you can set a new one with "hivemanager <hivemanager address> primary". The guide I just linked goes over how to find your HiveManager address to fill in that second command. Once that's set you'll want to run "save config" to save the new settings.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Happy to help! 🙂

James11
New Contributor

You are a legend my friend - all sorted - thank you so much 🙂

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, "no hivemanager" will clear the old HiveManager address, and then you can set a new one with "hivemanager <hivemanager address> primary". The guide I just linked goes over how to find your HiveManager address to fill in that second command. Once that's set you'll want to run "save config" to save the new settings.

James11
New Contributor

Did a factory reset of the AP, and have already set the VHM name to what is shown in the cloud interface (VHM-EIXRNVLU) using the CLI - still no joy at the moment. Using "show capwap client" I can see that the AP connects to 34.231.235.99 for a short period of time (few moments) but then starts the discovery process again. CAPWAP default server name is set to freeap-useast-002.aerohive.com - I assume this is the issue and needs to be changed - can you advise on this?

GTM-P2G8KFN