cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HiveManager Virtual Appliance - Are licenses needed to use AP's?

HiveManager Virtual Appliance - Are licenses needed to use AP's?

michael_wanstre
New Contributor

I am very unclear as to which HiveManager installs/platforms I am able to use without licenses.

Can you please clarify if I am able to use the HiveManager Virtual Appliance on my own hardware without any licenses to connect Aerohive AP's?

It would also be great to get a clear difference between HiveManager's and which ones require licenses to use with Aerohive AP's.

• HiveManager (previously NG)
  • HiveManager Connect
  • HiveManager Classic
  • HiveMananger Virtual Appliance
  • Are there other versions of Hivemanager????

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We have two main versions of HiveManager: HiveManager Classic (myhive.aerohive.com) and HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com). Both versions can either be hosted online, or on a Virtual Appliance in your own network.

HiveManager Classic is a legacy product and will not be receiving any major updates or feature additions moving forward.

HiveManager is the currently recommended HiveManager platform. You'll also see the full featured (paid) version of HiveManager called HiveManager Select, as opposed to HiveManager Connect.

HiveManager Connect is a free, limited feature, version of HiveManager, and is the only version that a) doesn't need any licenses to use and b) can't be deployed as a virtual appliance. Connect is available online only.

If you are using a virtual appliance, you will need to purchase licenses to manage your devices in the HiveManager.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if I can clarify or expand on anything for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN