cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the inactivity timeout for HiveManager NG on-premise?

jpye
New Contributor III
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jpye
New Contributor III

There is a timeout option in version  19.5.1.7-NGVA under the admin entries. The default is 30 minutes. I'm able to set the inactivity timer to other values.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

tmanaok
New Contributor

I'll make a new forum post, my apologies *Facepalm*

jpye
New Contributor III

I think we are talking about two different things - I'm referring to admin users of the HiveManager console getting timed out from not using the console, and I think you are referring to users who get disconnected from the AP.

tmanaok
New Contributor

Hey Brent thanks for the quick answer but this is only listing our admin users.... Which is ironic because we all user ethernet, so what about our actual users like managers and sales who run around with cellphones and tablets? They get disconnected frequently and I'd expect to edit them below but there's no such options:

e795ce88b33345ce8de8f590263ccb18_0690c000008t4UaAAI.png

Even in editing a single random user here, there's no timeout options and this is the only other place I can think to find our staff or guest user policies. Are there no global policies for changing timeout to 4-8 hours? Enough for a work day at least? The below image is simply supplementary and further down the page there are no options for timeouts (just fyi). Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 9.43.45 AM

Thanks Brent,

Triston

jpye
New Contributor III

d3c9c9a51b784ecc9f7c6648d5127133_0690c000008t4LYAAY.png

GTM-P2G8KFN